Monday, July 26, 2010

A little introduction...

HOW I LANDED IN NEW COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES

So I was working in Real Estate for 8 years (far too long) and absolutely got the jack of slaving my backside off on weekends. I had just turned twenty five and realised tonnes of my friends had graduated university and now had high-paying careers, here I was hating my occupation and no real qualifications. What a dilemma...
So.... I QUIT! what? quit? yes!

So I went straight out looking for a new job, right? NO! I booked a holiday to South-East Asia for a month and on the plane I hopped to do some soul searching.

Whilst on holidays with my best mate Bianca she came up with a nice solution to all my problems. Why don't you go to uni & become a teacher?!!!

So.. here I am.. completing a Batchelor of Journalism / Graduate Diploma of Secondary Education. I chose New Communication Technologies as a prerequisite for Secondary Computing Studies Teaching.

So far I am thoroughly enjoying the course, it is a fresh change from dry exercises in some other tutorials. Tutorials in New Communication Technologies are fresh, engaging, teach you new skills, get you actively interacting with other students and allow a bit of creativity!


No comments:

Post a Comment