Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Course evaluation


Overall, I have to say I have really enjoyed the New Comm Tech Course!

I did learn alot about the digital world that I never knew existed.. and I had underestimated the power things like culture jamming. I do feel that there was too much time spent discussing certain themes such as cyberpunking and culture jamming. I was really lucky to meet a great group in our tutorial and we all worked really well together on our set activities.

In my opinion the course could be improved by teaching us more practical skills and letting us put them in to practice in tutorials...rather than the weeks where we spent most of the tute time just discussing themes and ideas e.g cyberpunk it is really just a sci-fi genre ...I thought the short interactive tasks like making a film and uploading it to the net.. and setting up our blogs were the things I found most useful. I would suggest some website building or photoshop tutorials... things like that.

I also must add that I only enjoyed about half of the lectures I attended. I enjoyed the lectures given by Josh and Jules... but the guest lecturers were as exciting as watching grass grow or paint dry. The guest lectures focused a little too heavily on conspiracy theories and speculation rather than actual facts and knowledge we will take with us to the workforce.

I think with a little tweaking the course could be slightly better.. but you guys have still done an amazing job!

Cheers,

Sherie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment