Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 7 - Tute*spark - Free software trial


Free Software Trials..

For my software trial I decided to try LIMEWIRE. I have never been into downloading anything of the internet so I thought Id give the old music downloading a go! I went to www.download.com and downloaded the free version of Limewire 5.5. I was surprised at just how easy it was to download music. I really like the program but it did slow my whole computer down whilst it was downloading. The other negative is the volume and quality of the tracks I chose, there does not seem to be any uniformity. I was also frustrated at times when I thought I was downloading a full track and it was a stupid intro or parody.

I conducted some further research into the program and many sites warned against using Limewire because of the risk of it downloading viruses and trojans.. when I looked at various reviews this seemed to be a fairly common complaint. Another common complaint was the reduction in computer speed, which I also experienced when I downloaded the program.

I guess for me, you can't beat anything but the real thing... Ive tried Gimp and theres no comparison in quality.. like anything.. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR :)

References

http://www.download3000.com/limewire-user-reviews-18957.html

http://www.kokeytechnology.com/free-softwares/file-sharing-programs/beware-of-limewire-viruses-and-trojans-sample-limewire-virus-video/

No comments:

Post a Comment